Geeky. Nerdy. Techie. These are not really the terms I want to use to describe myself, but I have a confession to make. I am a fan of any technology that I can use to make my life, personal or professional, easier. If that makes me a techno, nerdy geek then I guess I’ll wear my pocket protector with honor.
To justify my new self designated title, I’m giving you 6 free online tools to use for your real estate business. You may want to bookmark this post on your browser and refer back to it later because I want your help at the end of this post. So, without further ado, here my list of awesome free tools to help your real estate business…
1. MailChimp – Free basic email newsletter service for up to 2000 subscribers. I talk a lot about email marketing and how you need to be using it in your real estate business. I have used MailChimp in the past, and I can tell you that it is a pretty solid service. Even though I recently switched to Aweber, I highly recommend you give MailChimp a try.
2. Google Alerts – Watch your competitors, your company, and yourself by setting up Google Alerts with this awesome service.
3. Jing – This is a free screen capture program that lets you capture images and record videos of your computer screen. Next to Microsoft Outlook and Word, this is my most used piece of software on my computer. I love Jing!
4. Google Docs – Speaking of Microsoft Word, are you looking for a free alternative? Try Google Docs. It allows you to create documents, spreadsheets, or even surveys. This cloud (internet) based software allows you to access your documents from any computer at any time by logging into Google Docs using your Gmail email and password.
5. Dropbox – A great cloud based storage and sharing service. Now that you’re using Jing you need somewhere to store your videos so you can get them later or share them with a client. You get 2 GB of file storage for free and sharing files or folders with others is a breeze.
6. WordPress – You can build your own personal real estate website for free using WordPress. With thousands of free themes to choose from you can have a beautiful, Google friendly website online by tomorrow morning. You’ll need to buy a domain and setup hosting to host your account (I recommend HostGator for that) for a small monthly fee.
I love sharing some of my favorite cool, free resources with everyone, but I know there are a gazillion other awesome free tools for Realtors out there. I want to hear about your favorites as well. Share your favorites and hopefully you’ll find a new favorite as well. After you’ve added your favorite tool, then please share this article on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and StumbleUpon. If this thing gets rolling we can build the largest free real estate toolbox on the net. So my fellow techno geek, dig out your own pocket protector from your desk drawer and share the free love!
Tags: free tools for real estate agents, tech tips for realtors, technology tips for real estate