I recently wrote a blog post about how Realtors can find blog topics. Click here to read it. In this blog, I suggested that agents pay attention to the parts of the transaction that buyers and seller struggle with, listen to the questions the public is asking them, and think about what their buyers and sellers want to know and use those ideas as topics for blogs. I thought it was pretty funny to write a blog post about what to write in a blog post, but the post got a lot of traffic and generated a fair amount of buzz with the agents who I talked to that week. So, today, I’m going to copy my idea from a couple of weeks ago with a little twist. Today I’m writing a blog about what to tweet on Twitter. Here are some ideas, so bookmark this page and refer back to it when you run out of ideas for tweets.
1. Blog Posts – Tweet the title to your most recent blog and a link to the post. If you use a feed service like HootSuite or have a plugin for your WordPress site, you can set this up once and you will tweet automatically every time you post a blog. It doesn’t get any easier than that!
2. @Replies – By responding to others’ posts and conversations, you are showing them that you care about what they are tweeting. This is the ideal way to begin interaction with others. Simply enter the @ sign and their twitter handle and type your message.
3. Ask Questions – You’ll be amazed at the responses you’ll get if you just ask a simple question.
4. Tweet Photos – You know what they say… “A picture is worth a hundred forty characters.” Tweet a pic of your happy sellers or buyers from your closing yesterday, a picture of your most recent listing, etc.
5. Accomplishments – Tweet about your most recent closing, your new listing, your salesperson of the month award or any other personal achievement. Do it in a way where you don’t come across as bragging for optimum results.
6. Industry News – Tweet a positive real estate headline for the day. This news is easily found by setting up a Google Alert for national or local real estate news. Those news articles will be emailed to you daily. Pick the headline you like (the most positive headline) and tweet it.
We often make Twitter more difficult than it really has to be by drawing a blank regarding what we should tweet. The main thing to remember with Twitter is that it is important to be active and social. You must interact with others when they DM or @reply you in order to be successful with this platform.
If you have another awesome tweet idea for real estate agents, then DM me @mortgagehuntr. I look forward to reading what you have to say and interacting with you in Twitterland.
Tags: twitter for real estate